Tuesday 17 July 2007

911

I was playing CS at my regular haunt at a downtown cybercafe. I was busy killing CTs and Ts and minding my own business when suddenly a message flashed on the in-game chat: “twin towers are under attack”. I was thinking “WTF?! Twin towers under attack?! Who would want to attack the WTC? Terrorists? Is this the beginning of World War III?” I thought somebody was spreading a wild rumor, a hoax, so I ignored the message and continued playing. When I reached home an hour later, my housemates were huddled in front of the TV set, watching the dramatic events unfold. There was chaos everywhere. Smoke and dust filled the air. People were running around in a panicked and frantic state, all rushing to safety. Firemen and policemen were doing their best to contain the catastrophe and bring order to chaos. And then to my shock and horror, I saw the second tower collapse right in front of my eyes. It was a sight that I would never forget. We stayed up all night to watch the CNN live footage. Many innocent lives were lost on that fateful day. May god have mercy on their souls…

No comments: