Friday 25 May 2007

HP OmniBook XE2

Btw did I mention that I happen to own a laptop as well, a HP OmniBook XE2 which is 7 years old. This laptop is my working computer, my workhorse, my baby, my precious; I use it for my assignments and projects, it has not failed me so far. Not good for gaming though, it can run HL, Doom 1 & 2, Quake 1 & 2 and AOE2TC decently. It has decent specs: Pentium II 366MHz, 128MB SDRAM, 4.5GB HDD, 12.1" screen, 4MB integrated VGA, running 98SE. The HP is hooked up to an AL ADA305 speakers via USB, and 98SE only supports AMS. It is still chugging along fine, although it has a tendency to shut down when least expected. The PSU might be faulty, gonna send it for repairs one day, don't know if HP still stocks replacement parts for that model. Thinking of upgrading to a HP or Dell laptop, any suggestions? Which one is better - ATI Mobility Radeon or NV GeForce Go? Another question, which one is better - Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64 X2? Should I upgrade to Vista or stick with XP? Some advice would be helpful.


HP OmniBook XE2


98SE

No comments: